Wow.. what a whirlwind of a day - the trucks got here at 8:30 and got to work immediately. I am shocked at how fast these guys work.. Literally they packed everything we own and were done by 2:00! We only moved a year ago and and it took them (different crew) 3 days to pack the same exact stuff. Audrey was very well behaved all day and refered to them all as "the mans" She was super chatty with them.. to the point where I needed to run interferance a couple of times b/c if she wasn't my kid, I would have been annoyed. I'm VERY glad I packed us up (Me, Audrey and Will) last night since there is no way I could have done it today - they were so fast that Audrey's snack cup full of teddy grams was packed up just because she set it down for a few minutes. I think her sippy cup was too. Seriously, the guy packed up the contents of the dishwasher and it wasn't even clean! ha ha.. That will be fun trying to figure out later.
We also ordered some new furniture for our house and it came today. The driver thought I was nuts since I was carrying my 4 week old around in a sling and my 2 year old was following me around and my entire house was upside down.. I guess it is not the typical scene they deliver new furniture to. The furniture is GORGEOUS and I can't wait to see it in the new house all set up. I am thrilled to announce that after 5 years (almost) of marriage, we finally got a grown-up and an up to date bedroom furniture set.. woo whoo! I have always put our bedroom on the bottom of the priority list - making all other rooms looking nice and finished and ours was embarrasing - not anymore!! :) Charles also got some super fancy office furniture and of course we bought it sight unseen.. off the internet... we are getting in a bad habit of that lately... it has worked out to our benefit since each purchase we've done that with have exceeded our expectations. lucky us.
Back on the move...
The plan has changed a little bit - they are way ahead of schedule so they will load up the truck tomorrow and just leave beds behind and they will come and get those Wednesday morning. We will now have to rent a car and get a hotel room for an extra day/night. Thursday the carpet cleaners are coming and a cleaning service to spruce this place up. We are still leaving on Friday night and arriving in Houston late. We are still calm cool and collected at this point... lets hope it continues.. stay tuned .
Monday, April 6, 2009
Day One is Done
this post is about moving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Abu Dhabi Time




3 comments:
Happy One Month Birthday to Little William:) He has no idea what in the world is going on......it's better that way:)Glad everything is going smooth.
That's awesome about your new furniture. I am so happy for you & can't wait to see some pictures!
Christa! We already miss you here. Shane and I had a good, sad moment in reflection about it today. BUT, we are also thrilled for you and your swishy new furniture! Yay! Your deserve it! Let us know how all is going. We miss you and care for you all so much!
Post a Comment