Recipe for Salt Dough Ornaments:
Here's what I used to decorate.. I already had most of this stuff at home from previous craft projects... my favorites were the puff paint and the glitter glue! :)
I added some bells for extra Christmas Jingle!!
I found this spray sealer at Wal-Mart
4 Cups Flour
1 Cup Salt
1 Cup Salt
1 1/2 Cups Warm Water
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Mix flour and salt together and gradually add in warm water until dough forms - knead dough until it is all the same consistency.
Roll it out between two pieces of plastic wrap and cut some shapes using cookie cutters. I let Audrey cut out all the shapes and choose which cookie cutters to use.. she did great!
Don't forget to poke a hole at the top of the ornament with a straw so that you can hang it once it is done.
Bake for 1 hour on a cookie sheet, they shoud be dry and hard to the touch... let cool completely and then paint, decorate, glue on something snazzy and then seal them with a varnish front and back. This recipe made about 2 dozen ornaments and my cookie cutters are pretty big.
it was around $4.50

Audrey had a blast painting her ornaments!
These are her finished ones! :)
Audrey had a blast painting her ornaments!
ENJOY!
Abu Dhabi Time




5 comments:
What a fun project for the family! Thanks for sharing.
How cute are those! audrey looks so happy in that picture!! we'll be doing this soon! thanks for the idea!
we think of you often..missing ya'll
Hi Christna,
I love the idea and I'm going to "steal" your idea and put it for the craft of the month in the MOPS bucket :)
This is such a great idea! Im going to try it! Thanks!
Very cute!!
Post a Comment